Friday, November 03, 2006

Working Today for Tomorrow's Payday

I haven’t discussed work very much lately. I’ve been feeling a lot of frustration and discouragement. I knew this would be a challenge, but it’s downright hard!

I came into this job with little in the way of structure. “You’re the guinea pig,” they warned me. With essentially no sales materials to speak of, I am expected to go out and sell online advertising. That’s tough. You try it.

Well, needless to say, after nearly three months of this, I am discouraged. But I have hope. Today, I met with one of the long-time online sales reps. Not only did she have some good suggestions for me, but she also made me see that it’s a struggle for everyone. We’re all in the same boat, and all we can do is work together as a team. We’re all learning together and the only way we can fail is if we don’t persevere.

Oh, and you know what? That works for life, too.

No comments: