Thursday, August 03, 2006

Finally!

After passing the drug test and physical with flying colors on Tuesday, The Press-Enterprise has finally set up my start date and orientation: August 7th. So the vacation continues a while longer.

The other day, Christy and I bought me a bunch of new clothes for the job. I'm going to look sharp!

I wish I could get a new car, as my current one is going to be driven into the ground with all the driving. I'm looking at something more practical, something that we would have room to actually carry stuff in. My first choice of a Toyota Tacoma was shot down due to the poor gas mileage. The Matrix is a possibility, but contrary to what Toyota says ("loads of cargo space"), I'm not sure it has enough storage space to make it worth the funky look. One is almost tempted to go with the boring-but-trustworthy Corolla, or--dare I say it?--look at other manufacturers. But this decision is moot for now; Christy suggests we wait for a while.

In the meantime, I've ordered another faceplate for my car stereo. Got a great deal on eBay for $25 including shipping! (The manufacturer wants $129.83 for a new one.) Since the original faceplate was stolen, I've been using the FM transmitter feature of my Sirius satellite radio paired with a small, mono AM/FM radio. Crappy sound, but I've gotten used to it. I can't wait to get the new faceplate, possibly in time for the drive to my first day of work.

Anyway, now I'm just rambling. In summary: I start work on the 7th.

No comments: