Sunday, September 06, 2009

Labor Day Barbecue

In a twist of fate, we are yet again hosting a barbecue. I don't mind. In fact, I enjoy it. I love to share our home with family and friends. But it is rather exhausting. When the last person has left, we usually drop ourselves on the sofa with a Whew!

It will be much better when we have the back yard fixed up and can sit outside and enjoy the warm-but-not-too-warm summer nights. As it is, I am very mildly embarrassed about the state of the back yard. But we inherited that from the previous owners; it's through no fault of ours.

I have, in fact, slightly improved the back yard. The rusty swing set is finally down, and the grass is greener albeit still patchy in areas. Now I just need to mow it before everyone comes over tomorrow evening.

No comments: