Monday, October 02, 2006

Chocolate Pudding

It is late. Gregory sleeps. He is the only one who can truly appreciate the state of my brain right now, but I shall try to explain it to the hoi polloi. I now have three part time jobs. I live the life of the true commuter and the adjunct instructor without one college to call her own (yet). I work in Moreno Valley, Norco, and San Bernardino, and I live in Riverside. This strikes me as somewhat insane, though I know of several intelligent people who have survived the same kind of lifestyle (and worse) and are now thriving in full time tenure track positions.

Our friend Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens) noted, "The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." Or was it "the lightning bug and lightning"? Anyways, the absolute best and most precise words to describe my brain are "chocolate pudding." Mushy and ill formed, perhaps, but mighty TASTY...

Bertram bit Gregory and I cleansed and covered his wounds. (Hello, Nurse!) Bertram is an evil kitty. We love him so.

No comments: