Tuesday, July 10, 2007

You've Come a Long Way, Kid

I am very excited to say that I am once again Microsoft-free, thanks to Ubuntu Feisty Fawn. I found a copy in Linux Magazine, tested it out thanks to the live CD, and after some deliberation (entirely unrelated to my previous jury duty posts) I installed it, wiping out Windows (hopefully) once and for all.

Yes, Linux has come a long way. Hardware support has improved dramatically, and Ubuntu starts up and shuts down much more quickly than Windows. So far it appears to be stable and bug-free. The only downside I have found so far is trying to get the wireless networking, well, working. But a 25 foot ethernet cable has me happily online for now.

Well, tomorrow it's back to work (Stanley Cup, baby!), so I must retire. Go to bed, that is. Yeah.

No comments: