Friday, December 07, 2007

Pi is not something you eat!

I've just realized that neither of us has posted in a long, long time. So, what has happened in the past month or so? Here is a list, in no particular order:

1. I had a wonderful birthday on November 29 (how I love that date). I apparently am 32 years old. I haven't written my annual life evaluation yet, but I have some thoughts. A few of them came to me in that weird state of half sleep.
2. We had wonderful birthday dinners at two of our favourite restaurants, The Cheesecake Factory and the Old Spaghetti Factory. I don't know what it is about factories...
3. Gregory began his new job with Moneytree! He is a vault teller and he is learning quickly. The only time he doesn't enjoy the job is when he has irate customers.
4. I had the worst customer service at Mervyn's the other day. The sales associate practically refused to speak to me. Instead of calling me over to his line, he stared at me until I asked him if he was ready for me. I was the one who said hello, thank you, and have a good day. He didn't even grunt in response. I had some excellent comments for the manager, who apologized profusely. I believe I began with, "My customer service skills are better than his!" I can't stand such lack of service, in case you haven't realized. Even bad service is more acceptable to me (usually) than practically none at all. That said, please do not hold this against your local Mervyn's.
5. I finished teaching my business writing class at Cal State San Bernardino, and I have two weeks left of teaching my other two classes at Riverside Community College Norco (YES! Norco rocks.) and Mt. San Jacinto Community College. I am quite ready to get some Christmas shopping done.
6. Thanksgiving! How could I forget? It's only my second favourite holiday of the year. (Yes, Christmas is the first.) We had Thanksgiving lunch with Greg's family and then scurried off to Carlsbad for Thanksgiving dinner with my family. I believe this year has been the zenith of my love of pecan pie. For many years, I never tasted it. Then I tasted it and really liked it. But lately, this is just about the greatest stuff I can get my hands on. Well, besides Cheesecake Factory vanilla bean cheesecake and Marie Callender's banana cream pie. How I adore pie...That reminds me of the famous quote from our high school geometry teacher: "Pi is not something you eat!"

And the last thing I can think of before I must go to sleep:

7. Bertram (evil kitty) received a new collar from my sister in law. His old one was purple with black paw prints. His new one has pink, lavender, and tan diagonal stripes. It is very preppy and it brings out his pinkness even more. (But being a very dilute orange tabby, he is practically pink anyway.)

No comments: